Certification of clothing for children
Certification of children's clothing in the Russian Federation is mandatory and regulates the compliance of things with the requirements of quality and safety. The main regulation for these products is TR CU 007/2011.
You can get a certificate for clothes only in the presence of SGR.
To enhance the reputation of the product, in addition, it can be carried out conformity assurance for children's clothing through voluntary certification GOST R.
Under the children's clothing refers to things intended for children from birth to 16 years. They are designed to protect the child from the effects of the external environment and the formation of its external appearance. All products are divided into age groups:
Increased requirements for quality and safety are imposed on products included in the group of clothes intended for newborns.
State registration of children's clothing and clothes for babies
In cooperation with us, the registration process for children's clothing consists of several key steps:
- Free consultation, selection of the necessary documents for registration, assistance in selecting a design scheme for the SGR for children's clothing;
- Preparation and provision of all necessary documentation, as well as product samples, to certification experts of the “Sphere” CA, conclusion of an agreement;
- Conducting laboratory research and product testing with obtaining an independent authoritative assessment of the test results + test reports;
- Based on test reports, making a decision on the issuance of documents or refusal (in case the product does not certify legal requirements);
- Printing documents, sending scans to the customer, entering into the state register of SGR, sending documents by courier.
Classification of children's clothing
There are various classifiers of children's clothing. The most common of these divides clothes into products designed for boys and girls. The existing age classification divides things into:
- clothes for babies (sliders, bonnets, vests, etc.);
- things for toddlers (from 1 year to 3 years);
- preschool children's clothing (from 3 to 6 years old);
- clothes for the primary school group (from 7 to 11 years old);
- things for teenagers (from 12 to 16 years).
For adolescents over the age of 16, clothing is included in the group of things for girls and boys. An important classification for certification is the grouping of children's products by the degree of contact with the skin of the child. It provides for the division of clothes into things of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd layer.
Children's Clothing Certification Process
According to the regulations in force in the country, children's clothing can undergo mandatory and voluntary certification.
The choice of method for confirming the quality and safety of products depends on their type and purpose. The procedure for mandatory certification of clothing in Russia and the Customs Union includes products that come in contact with the body of the child, as well as summer hats and all types of clothing intended for children under the age of 1 year.
Prior to the certification procedure, at the stage of launching production into production, the SGR for children’s clothing is issued.
The document is issued in Rospotrebnadzor, valid indefinitely for the entire production period.
n 2019, the production of children's clothing and its certification is regulated by the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union 007/2011. The decision to issue a certificate for children's clothing is made on the basis of a conclusion on the results of laboratory tests and studies of samples of children's clothing.
Label requirements for baby clothes?
The current legislation of the CU defines the list of requirements that the label of children's clothing must comply with.
It should contain information about the manufacturer of the product, the size of the clothes, information about the conditions for caring for the thing, its size, and the lot number of the product.
Mandatory data that should be displayed on the label are: material composition, trademark and manufacturer's warranties.
Product care information is indicated on the label as symbols. All information should be issued in Russian or have a translation. On the label of products that have successfully passed the procedure for confirming the quality and safety of children's clothing, a standard sign is displayed.
Documents required for issuing certificates for parties, series or import of children's clothing
Depending on the chosen certification scheme, the customer provides a different list of documents that undergo a legal examination. Common to any certification scheme for children's clothing are:
- documents disclosing full information about the declarant;
- product technical documentation;
- label layout;
- receipt of payment for certification services.
Documents are submitted together with the application for the certification procedure and product samples for laboratory research and testing. Mandatory for certification of a batch of products, in addition to these documents, are:
- Codes according to HS FEA;
- sales contract and invoice;
- trademark documents or product article number.
When issuing a certificate for children's clothing, mass-produced by a foreign manufacturer, it is necessary to provide a contract for the release of products.