Certification of clothes is a procedure for confirming compliance of products with sanitary standards of quality and safety. The norms are given in accordance with the regulations of the Customs Union, which includes: Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and the Russian Federation. The certification procedure should include underwear intended for both adults and children.
Certification of clothing is a prerequisite for passing products manufactured on the territory of the Russian Federation, as well as for imported goods that are supplied to the consumer clothing market. Depending on who the clothes are for, different documents are drawn up: a certificate of conformity of the TR CU or a declaration of TR CU
Clothing of the first layer, directly in contact with the skin
- underwear (bras, bodices, underpants);
- corsetry (bandage, combidress);
- hosiery products (tights, stockings, socks, leggings);
- T-shirts and tops.
Clothing of the second layer having limited contact with the skin, i.e. worn over underwear
- dresses (dress-shirts, knitted, evening, office, casual);
- suits (with trousers, with a dress, with a skirt);
- winter hosiery.
Clothing of the third layer - clothing that is practically not in contact with the surface of the body
- down jackets;
- fur coats, etc.
Declaration of clothing
The first layer of clothing that is in direct contact with the skin is subject to declaration. It is possible to combine the same categories of products in one declaration, depending on their purpose, each group requires a separate declaration of clothing.
Different types of clothes receive different documents. For example, bathrobes and gloves receive different declarations. Sewing and knitwear belong to different categories of fabrics and are declared separately. Children's clothing requires undergoing the Declaration procedure and receiving the SGR.
The following types of clothing are subject to declaration
Clothing of the 2nd and 3rd layer:
- Dresses, bathrobes, costumes, hats;
- All types of outerwear: jackets, coats, raincoats;
- Winter hosiery;
- Accessories: gloves, mittens, belt belts.
The declaration can be obtained for up to 5 years, depending on the size of the consignment. The document is printed and certified by the seal of the applicant only for passing the Declaration procedure.
Adult Apparel Certification
Certification of clothing is a mandatory procedure in which the samples are taken and their further study in the laboratory. The certificate of conformity is issued for clothes directly in contact with the skin, clothes of 1 layer, namely:
- Underwear (swimwear, bras, underpants);
- Corsetry products (corsets are included here);
- T-shirts and tops;
- Corsets (bondage).
Stages of certification of clothing 1 layer
ertification of compliance with the Customs Regulation is carried out in the following stages:
- The applicant submits an application for an examination of his products. During the consultation, the manager calculates the approximate cost of the procedure and accompanies the applicant for the entire duration of the certificate. Certification Authority staff determines which documents are required for Certification;
- The applicant carries out a certain collection of documents for the procedure, depending on the products that are subject to certification;
- Samples of products are provided for research in a laboratory and further analysis of the results;
- Next, an expert decision is made on the authorization of use and safety of use - as a result of a positive assessment, a certificate of conformity is issued.
Features of obtaining a certificate of conformity for clothes
The applicant who has used the fake Declaration is subject to a large fine and problems in the further conduct of his business. The control in the sphere of trade for products that undergo the procedure for obtaining a certificate of conformity has been strengthened. In the places of sale of clothes and in Customs, the availability of documents for the goods sold is monitored.
Registration of completely legitimate permits for products is much more profitable in the long term than the purchase of falsified certificates and declarations. In case of non-compliance with the law, documents can suddenly be canceled, which entails a disruption in supplies, lost profits, loss of customers. In addition, compliance with the regulations of the Customs Union makes products safe and user-friendly, which affects customer loyalty and, in the long run, business success.
Certification of children's clothing
In the certification of children's clothing, an important aspect is the fact that the smaller the child’s age and the closer the clothes are to the skin, strict requirements are placed on the safety of the fabric used. Products that are intended for infants according to sanitary standards must not contain seams and other components that can adversely affect the health of the child.
The safety of children's clothing is confirmed by 3 main documents:
- Declaration of Conformity TR CU, according to the Technical Regulation "On the safety of products intended for children and adolescents." The declaration covers products for children over 1 year old and adolescents;
- Certificate of Conformity TR CU, according to the technical regulation "On the safety of products intended for children and adolescents." Certification covers all products for children up to 1 year old and others;
- Certificate of state registration. SGR must be issued for disposable sanitary facilities (panties, diapers, napkins, diapers, etc.), for underwear for children from knitted or textile materials for children under 3 years old.
The certification procedure for the conformity of the quality of children's clothing is carried out according to the same algorithm as adult clothing.
The packages of documents that must be presented during the certification of goods vary depending on the volume of clothing lots.
Children's clothing is conditionally divided into 2 groups:
- clothes for newborns and toddlers;
- clothes for children from 3 to 14 years.
The execution of the Declaration, Certificate of Conformity and SGR is the direct responsibility of suppliers and manufacturers of children's products.
Certificate of state registration for children's clothing
State registration of clothes is a procedure during which products undergo sanitary-hygienic control of the quality and safety of the use of clothing for children. State registration is under the control of the Customs Union. It should be noted that clothing 2 layers, not in contact with the skin of the baby is not subject to state registration.
The procedure for obtaining a certificate includes:
- Samples are taken for further study according to the physicochemical parameters established in the Customs Regulation;
- All results are analyzed and an expert decision is made on the issuance of the State Registration Certificate to the supplier or manufacturer of these children's items. The document is entered in the register of registration of state registration.
Labeling of clothes should contain the following mandatory information:
- product name;
- name of the country of manufacture;
- name of the manufacturer, or seller or person authorized by the manufacturer;
- the legal address of the manufacturer, or seller or a person authorized by the manufacturer;
- product size;
- composition of raw materials;
- trademark (if any);
- a single sign of product circulation on the market of the Member States of the Customs Union;
- manufacturer's warranty (if necessary);
- production date;
- batch number of products (if necessary).